Opah Fish (Moonfish) Aquatic Animal 3D download

opah fish (moonfish) 3d downloadOpahs (also commonly known as moonfish, sunfish, kingfish, redfin ocean pan, and Jerusalem haddock) are large, colorful, deep-bodied pelagic lampriform fishes comprising the small family Lampridae (also spelled Lamprididae). Only two living species occur in a single genus: Lampris (from the Greek lamprid-, "brilliant" or "clear"). One species is found in tropical to temperate waters of most oceans, while the other is limited to a circumglobal distribution in the Southern Ocean, with the 34°S as its northern limit.

Two additional species, one in the genus Lampris and the other in the monotypic Megalampris, are only known from fossil remains. The extinct family, Turkmenidae, from the Paleogene of Central Asia, is closely related, though much smaller. Opah specimens are rarely caught by recreational anglers. They are prized trophies for deep-water anglers as their large size and attractive form lend themselves well to taxidermy. Opahs are frequently caught as bycatch in many longline tuna fisheries. Opah is becoming increasingly popular in seafood markets. It first became popular as a sushi and sashimi in the late 1980s and early 1990s. The meat is lightly flavored and lends itself well to a variety of preparations, principally sauté. Opah flesh has a light-pink to orange color, but turns white when cooked. It is popular in Hawaii, especially in restaurants. An average of 35% of an opah's weight is consumable, with the remaining 65% being bone and thick skin. The opah is the first fish discovered to be whole body endothermic, in May 2015. The opah can keep its entire body consistently at a temperature above the water temperature. Other fish may have different types of warm-bloodednesses, for example the salmon shark has homeothermy in its stomach, but not for the entire body.

Opah Fish (Moonfish) Object 3D

Opah Fish (Moonfish) Object 3D




This site is dedicated to computer graphics and contains many tutorials major 2D and 3D graphics software and many free resources and paid .

Support my work

If you've found 3d object or graphic element you want to make a simple donation to support our work we would be much obliged to you!

Contact us


We use cookies to improve our website. By continuing to use this website, you are giving consent to cookies being used. More Info